Welcome 2018: A No-Fuss New Year’s Dinner Party
Hello there! It's Meghann Andrew with you today. When Christmas is over, the last thing I want to do is host a big holiday party for New Years Eve. I like to keep things more simple to ring in the New Year, and the AC Party Time! collection is perfect for setting a beautiful dinner party table with minimal effort!
A simple table setup for six, with fun decorations hanging overhead will make the perfect backdrop for a fun evening amongst friends. By adding a few sheets of cardstock, and some inexpensive black table placemats, my dinner party table was set in no time. Here are a tips for using this celebratory collection to set the mood for your event:
1. Hang decorations overhead to set the mood in the room. The Party Time! Party Cluster couldn't be easier to put together, and I hung the grouping on a white dowel rod just over the table. (Tip: I keep white hooks centered over my table on the ceiling permanently so that I'm ready to hang anything quickly.)
2: Mix your good china place settings with fun paper plates, like these "It's Party Time" Holographic Foil Paper Plates from the Party Time! collection. This will save on your cleanup afterward, and mixes up the look and feel of your table.
3. Think outside of the box when it comes to what you can do with a certain product. The Party Time! Photo Props made perfect decorations for placing on the table, on the champagne bucket, like I did here, and affixed to the party cluster fans above.
4. Banners are not just for hanging! If you don't have a great place to hang a banner or tassel garland in your party space, lay it across the table instead to create a fun, photo-worthy table runner. I used the words "pop" and "fizz" from the Party Time! Word Garland to set the champagne theme for my dinner party on the table.
5. Layer, layer, layer! Like on my scrapbook layouts, I like to layer up my place settings, too! Atop my black placemats, I stacked a bone china plate, paper plate, holographic stripe napkin, and a party favor, the fun holographic and sparkly Party Time! Party Glasses. This creates a prop for photos around the table to kick off the fun when guests arrive!
6. Make your table props multi-use! In each champagne glass, I placed a Party Time! Party Horn, but my usual place card holders were getting lost on the table amongst the decor. So, I improvised and made the party horns double as place cards. By punching a scalloped circle in black cardstock , a slightly smaller circle in white cardstock, and affixing a Thickers initial, each of my guests will know where I want them to be seated upon arrival.
Have fun putting together your simple and easy New Years Eve party decor with the Party Time! collection! Cheers to 2018!
Supplies | Party Time! Collection: Holographic Stripe Napkins (345761), Paper Plates (344963), Party Glasses (344967), Party Horns (344961), Confetti Thrower (345759), Photo Props (344966), Party Cluster (344958), Tassel Garland (344960), Word Banner (344959); All the Good Things Collection: Thickers (343890); Cardstock: Textured Cardstock Pack, White (71259), Variety Cardstock Pack, Primaries (376982)