Diana Waite is the creator of this ultra cute welcome sign that incorporates the design principle of white space and, good news, she's going to show us how to make one just like it!
Supplies: Hopeful Paper (35946) – Yes Please, Share Paper (35930) – Yes Please, Treasure Specialty Paper (35948) – Yes Please, Embroidery Stencil Kit (63070) – Embellishments, Discover Puffy Stickers (42366) – Remarks, Sentiment Clothespin Set (85663) – Whittles, Premium Ribbon (58869) – Ribbon, Personal Elements Buttons (85630) – Embellishments, Tab Adhesive (61709) – This to That
1) Gather your supplies – I happened to pick everything from the Yes, Please line, and a chipboard album page.
2) Cut the corrugated piece sheet of paper down to 6 1/4 x 4” and add it to the front of the album page.
3) Cut the gray woodrain paper to 3 1/2” x 5 3/4”.
4) Using the Embroidery Stencil Kit I selected the sun and cloud.
5) I then pierced the patterned paper. If you don’t want the stencil to slide, use adhesive squares and lightly pressed the stencil on the paper. I didn’t worry about the stencil sliding off and losing my place!
6) I personally like to use three of the pieces of floss for my stitching.
7) After the stitching is done, tie the knot weaving the thread with the needle under then over.
8) Once the stitching is completed, back the paper with pop dots and adhere it to the corrugated sheet.
9) Add the punched photo corners, stickers, clothespins, and button as embellishments and add ribbon at the top so that it can hang. All done!
Thanks for sharing this fun project Diana! It would definitely brighten anyone's day!