This fun confetti banner tutorial is brought to you by Corrie Jones:
Supplies: Treasured Terrace Paper (35822) – 5th & Frolic, Smitten Paper (35890) – XOXO, Me & You Paper (35895) – XOXO, Kiss Paper (35896) – XOXO, Sweetie Pie Paper (35891) – XOXO, Love Note Paper (35898) – XOXO, Blue Skies Paper (35979) – Lucky Charm, Wild Hearts Paper (35962) – Lucky Charm, Doting Dots Paper (35964) – Lucky Charm, Novelty Paper (35974) – Lucky Charm, Wishing Well Paper (35961) – Lucky Charm, Adhesive Backed Flowers (85651) – Lucky Charm, Hula Hoop (85619) – Delights, Trinket (42391) – Thickers, Premium Ribbon (58869) – Amy Tangerine, Dimensional Mix (85625) – Details
1. Cut the letters of a name out with a Cameo.
2. Gather paper and a small punch to make confetti. Scrap paper works great here. Punch a lot of confetti!
3. Cut a banner shape out of cardstock to trace onto vellum.
4. Cut out two vellum banner shapes for each letter. Stitch the two pieces together on the sides leaving the top open, creating a pocket for your confetti.
5. Pour in the confetti.
6. Stitch the top of the banner piece closed to keep all the confetti inside.
7. Choose a pretty ribbon and attach this to the banner pieces. I machine stitched mine to keep them securely attached.
8. Adhere one letter per banner piece.
9. Embellish as much or a little as you like and you will have a pretty banner!
10. Hang up and enjoy!
We hope you liked this cute, fun, and easy confetti tutorial!
BONUS – we have a special giveaway from Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine: a copy of CardMaps Vol. 3!
CardMaps Vol. 3 is brimming with inspiration, techniques, and creative ideas for your next cardmaking adventure. It features over 70 gorgeous cards from some of today’s top designers, more than 40 card sketches from PageMaps, step-by-step instructions for every card, and eight photo technique how-to’s! All this in a high quality, beautifully photographed resource book you’ll keep for years to come!
Leave a comment on this post by tomorrow, March 13th 2013 and we'll randomly select and announce one winner then!